(11mar17) The most recent shows are in the player at the bottom of this page. This Is Hell streams live from 89.3 WNUR Evanston at 9am until 1pm Central Saturday.
11mar17 This Is Hell
- 9:15 - Journalist Kate Aronoff explains why the climate movement needs a new politics, beyond the Democratic establishment.Kate is author of the cover story The Climate Movement Goes to War with Trump at In These Times.
- 10:00 - Political scientist Susan Kang pokes holes in the flawed gospel of political polling.Susan wrote the article What Nate Missed in the latest issue of Jacobin.
- 10:35 - Journalist Marcy Wheeler unpacks the scope of the Vault 7 Wikileaks / CIA hacking dump.Marcy wrote the articles Wikileaks Dumps CIA's Hacking Tools and No More Secrets: Vault 7 at her site emptywheel.
- 11:05 - Sociologist Tressie McMillan Cottom traces the for-profit college boom to our busted economy.Tressie is author of the book Lower Ed: The Troubling Rise of For-Profit Colleges in the New Economy from The New Press.
- 12:05 - Journalist Victoria Law examines the legal labyrinth facing parents post-incarceration.Victoria wrote the recent article Double Punishment: After Prison, Moms Face Legal Battles to Reunite With Kids for Truthout.
- 12:45 - In a Moment of Truth, Jeff Dorchen monitors our current dystopia.Would have never thought it would be in such crisp, high-definition.
11feb17 This Is Hell
- 9:15 - Economist Geoff Mann outlines the history of Keynesianism's attempts to save capital from capitalism.Geoff is author of the new book In the Long Run We're All Dead: Keynesianism, Political Economy, and Revolution from Verso Books.
- 10:00 - Live from Standing Rock, Dr. Sarah Jumping Eagle reports on DAPL resistance in the Trump era.Sarah is a pediatrician and water protector, we've spoken to her twice in 2016.
- 10:35 - Journalist Michelle Chen examines Obama's mostly symbolic legacy on labor and trade.Michelle wrote the Labor and Trade section of Jacobin's feature Assessing Obama.
- 11:00 - Legal scholar Marjorie Cohn reviews the dangerous record of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch.Marjorie wrote the article Trump's Choice of Gorsuch Endangers Civil, Human and Environmental Rights for Truthout.
- 11:35 - Immigration researcher Karina Moreno finds a neoliberal consensus behind the border wall.Karina wrote the article The Private Deportation Machine for Jacobin.
- 12:10 - Mathematician Paul-Olivier Dehaye profiles the use of psychometrics in political campaigns.Paul posted the recent Medium article The (dis)information mercenaries now controlling Trump’s databases.
- 12:45 - In a Moment of Truth, Jeff Dorchen mangles a thermodynamic theory of evolution.Jeff previously got thermodynamic in Decmeber of last year.
More Program summaries are in the archives.
INDYRADIO The future of radio belongs to us. The newest playlists are linked at http://rd0.org